Fashion Week Forecast: Headdress Gurus at Longchamp
Published September 11, 2009
Last night at Longchamp’s event for Fashion’s Night out, I found my eyes wrapped around the black scarf-like object weaved into the golden mane of musician Lykke Li. “I made it myself,” she proclaimed. The piece, and the explanation, was most certainly a statement, one that caught my attention as she ardently spun tunes for the Fashion’s Night Out Longchamp fete last night. (LEFT: LYKKE LI. PHOTO BY SARAH HOWARD)
I glanced around the room and realized that Lykke wasn’t the only lady liking the hair accessory: scarves, hats and headbands were all draped about well-coiffed heads. Choose your vice: lace, wool, sequins, patchwork, or color. And cover up those tumbling roots and unkempt tresses with an inexpensive statement piece: the hair accessory.
Sarah Howard is the Editor of Beauty Banter.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse