Fall Forecast: Black, Bare, and Red
Published July 27, 2010
GIVENCHY, RAG & BONE, PRADA
The temperatures might be hitting record numbers now, but don’t let them fool you: fall is just around the corner. I asked celebrity makeup artist and Tarte Cosmetics consultant Tina Turnbow to give you an idea of what to expect when the leaves turn. Her fall forecast? “I would say black, bare, and red,” she said. “Black-lined, slept-in eyes, as seen at Rag & Bone, or black with pigment, as seen at Zac Posen and Lela Rose.” Eyes will be carrying the weight next season, while skin should be left more fresh and bare (see: Prada). “Tomboy is the new girlie. Skin must have a glow,” Tina explained. And then, of course, let us not forget the classic red lip, a staple in the beauty world. “Red is always glamorous. Givenchy, D&G and DSquared all played with some aspect of the red lip.” Tina thinks that you’ll need three products this season: “A great black eyeliner pencil–bendable and smudgy; a true red lipstick, and a deeper wine tone for when the mood strikes; and Aquaphor, for (slightly) greasy eyes and touches of shine.” Word to the wise: don’t over trend yourself. One at a time, please.
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans