Fall Forecast: Black, Bare, and Red
Published July 27, 2010
GIVENCHY, RAG & BONE, PRADA
The temperatures might be hitting record numbers now, but don’t let them fool you: fall is just around the corner. I asked celebrity makeup artist and Tarte Cosmetics consultant Tina Turnbow to give you an idea of what to expect when the leaves turn. Her fall forecast? “I would say black, bare, and red,” she said. “Black-lined, slept-in eyes, as seen at Rag & Bone, or black with pigment, as seen at Zac Posen and Lela Rose.” Eyes will be carrying the weight next season, while skin should be left more fresh and bare (see: Prada). “Tomboy is the new girlie. Skin must have a glow,” Tina explained. And then, of course, let us not forget the classic red lip, a staple in the beauty world. “Red is always glamorous. Givenchy, D&G and DSquared all played with some aspect of the red lip.” Tina thinks that you’ll need three products this season: “A great black eyeliner pencil–bendable and smudgy; a true red lipstick, and a deeper wine tone for when the mood strikes; and Aquaphor, for (slightly) greasy eyes and touches of shine.” Word to the wise: don’t over trend yourself. One at a time, please.
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Provocative, Uninhibited, and Naked Bodies of Spyros Rennt
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse