Drake Burnette studied art history at the University of Texas. Unsure of what she wanted to do next, she wrote a letter to Larry Clark asking to be a production assistant on the set of a film he was working on. Instead, Clark cast Burnette in a leading role, and the Texas native had her first acting experience in Marfa Girl (2012). By February of 2013, Burnette was on the runway, walking at the likes of Marc Jacobs, Fendi, and Louis Vuitton.
THE PERSON I ADMIRE THE MOST:
SOME THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME:
The natural and supernatural worlds.
QUESTIONS I CAN’T ANSWER:
MY GREATEST ADVENTURE:
EVENTS I WISH I’D WITNESSED:
The resurrection of Christ.
THINGS I’D LIKE TO IMPROVE ABOUT MYSELF:
I suffer from perfectionism, so if I’m honest, I would say that I’d like to improve everything about myself.
GAMES I PLAY:
I love all games but mostly I play chess or charades.
MY GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT:
Learning how to enjoy my life.
MY GREATEST VICE:
Smoking and drinking.
THINGS I’LL BE REMEMBERED BY:
You tell me.
SOME THINGS I’D RATHER FORGET:
All of middle school and high school. What a nightmare.
MY IDEA OF HAPPINESS:
Swimming in a creek, river, or cove. I’m extremely interested in water rights and water systems.
ONE LAST FAVOR I’D LIKE TO ASK:
Everyone use less water and buy less stuff and don’t forget to recycle, okay? Thanks.
For more from our “Beyond Here Lies Nothing” series, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress