Converse Gets Some PLAY
Published August 17, 2009
Those looking to inject some cachet into the ubiquitous Chuck Taylor can investigate the new collaboration between Converse and Comme des Garcons PLAY. Like the minds behind Thom Browne, Missioni, and John Varvatos, Comme des Garcons designer Rei Kawakubo has created a riff on the classic shoe. The PLAY collection will include two high-top and two oxford versions of a vintage All Star model from the 1950’s originally produced for the US millitary. Buyers will be able to distinguish their pair from their grandfather’s set with the addition of PLAY’s not so subtle, slightly cross-eyed, yet irrepressibly coy heart logo.
The Comme Des Garcons for PLAY collection launches at the end of August in New York, Paris, London, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- The Provocative, Uninhibited, and Naked Bodies of Spyros Rennt
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation