Christian Louboutin celebrates two decades of stylish success with his 20th anniversary capsule collection. “In France, 20 years defines a generation,” says the designer. “This is a celebration of the first generation of this brand; an anniversary of its first young adventure.” Twenty styles of shoes and six styles of bags are included in his commemorative assortment. From the Artemis Paris to La Pluminette, each design come with a distinctive story. Pensée was the style that inspired the French shoemaker to create his signature red sole.
Louboutin draws inspiration from art, design, and the allure of the cabaret world, and infuses it all into his creations. “Being born and raised in Paris, I have a precise idea of couture and of Parisian elegance,” he says. Louboutin was mesmerized by Parisian nightlife and his initial designs were envisioned for the elegant and feminine dancers. As Louboutin’s innovation and creativity have evolved, his label has become one of the most coveted in footwear.
You can be among the first to purchase the collection when it is available online in February by signing up on the Christian Louboutin Facebook fan page. The collection will be available for purchase in boutiques in March.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories