Devon Lee Carlson is a walking counterargument to that refrain we all turn to when scrolling through enviable lives on social media: the glamour of celebrity is only a cardboard castle, and if you peeked behind the facade, you’d see a mess. But Carlson, a co-founder of Wildflower Cases—a family affair with her mother and sister—and the only person who seems to have a healthy relationship with Instagram, boasts an online presence that is unrestrained and all the more appealing. She is the embodiment of a generation’s aesthetic ambition; even celebrities—her followers include Lana Del Rey and Billie Eilish—lust after the ease with which she harnesses online platforms. Carlson’s longtime boyfriend, Jesse Rutherford (alter ego: Chip Chrome) calls her the “queen of social media.” During London Fashion Week, the soul in charge of protecting the phones (and by extension, the lives) of fashion’s youngest generation, gives us another dose of aspirational glamour as she goes behind the scenes at Riccardo Tisci’s Fall 2020 Burberry show during London Fashion Week. Some of the runway looks paraded by supermodels like Kendall Jenner and the Hadid sisters harkened back to Burberry’s iconic Scottish tartan, while other designs flirted with beacoup shiny crystals (as seen on Zendaya’s boyfriend Jacob Elordi), and, of course, trench coats. —BESSIE RUBINSTEIN
1. *Smiles in a British accent*
2. Shameless plug in 3,2,1 … new Wildflower Case alert!
3. L.A. in the house!
4. Burberry vibe check.
5. The man, the myth, the legend … Mr. Riccardo Tisci!!
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories