Published August 20, 2010
We’re living in dangerous times, which explains the undercurrent of protective gear in men’s fall collections this year—ranging from knee pads to elbow pads to boot-gaters that could serve as shin guards. But the ultimate fall piece is a cross between a tailored vest and a bullet-resistant Kevlar shield. Comme des Garçons offers suit jackets with vests lined in matching fabrics, complete with built-in hard plastic shells, while 3.1 Phillip Lim’s version comes in a light quilted-leather. Moncler collaborated with Pharrell Williams to create a “pacifist” vest, which stays true to the company’s DNA with its slick, puffy approach. And a ballistic nylon version is also available for those who like their armor a bit more gangster.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show