Last night, Bulgari feted the launch of its brand new Saint Tropez store with—you guessed it—a cocktail party and a dinner. While such ceremony is relatively de rigueur when it comes to openings, the event also marked the celebration of the house’s “Diva” collection—an entirely new, ultra-high-end jewelry line inspired by the “warm hues of Mediterranean nature” and the “luxuriant background of Italian Dolce Vita locations,” as well as the grand old dames of 1950s and 1960s cinema.
The pieces, though, are all modern, and fully global despite their nostalgic ties—arresting little vignettes of softly lit Riviera summer days, with trumpet-petal carvings, smatterings of diamonds, and richly hued gemstones like amethysts and Mandarin garnets. Premiering at the haute joallerie shows during Paris couture, the line also embodies a synergistic overlap of Franco-Italian design sensibilities—with Saint Tropez as a perfect, sparkling crossroads in which to flaunt the flair. Guests, including Hilary Swank, Jeremy Irons, and Bianca Brandolini d’Adda, were impressed.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- That Time Brad Pitt Was Banned from China
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room