On this week’s episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, one of the major plot points was how much non-Housewife Dana Wilkey paid for her sunglasses: “Did you know? $25,000,” she crows to anyone who will listen. It paints haut-joaillerie eyewear in a bad light: as Camille Grammer later points out, those with that kind of money to spend don’t typically walk around announcing it.
Bulgari’s new eyewear collection, Le Gemme, is for that latter kind of woman: the one who can spend a terrific sum on her specs (the line runs up to $80,000 for custom-created pieces), but wouldn’t dream of telling you so. Rather, the glasses and sunglasses speak for themselves, with beautifully luxurious materials—18-kt. gold, colored sapphires, fine diamonds, mother-of-pearl—and elegant floral motifs that recall Bulgari’s midcentury heyday. We’re fondest of the cat-eye styles, which place their wearer right alongside Sophia Loren alighting at the Lido in ’61.
LE GEMME COLLECTION IS AVAILABLE NOW AT BULGARI.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington