Bill Blass: Those Were the Days
Published December 31, 2008
Bill Blass has had a tough year—the line, that is, although potentially the designer in his grave as well. In October, Peter Som walked (and not the runway), despite Anna Wintour’s reported desire to protect the house’s legacy, NexCen, which acquired Bill Blass Limited in February, closed the couture line without offering severance to employees. It was finally sold for $10 million, against the almost $55 million for which it was purchased just last year (although the numbers are complicated). The new owners, Peacock, have hinted that Blass could be returned to historic place in the Fashion Week tents, but have made no promises. Now’s the time to forget all that: witness, above, the good old days.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy