Published November 5, 2012
Will magazines ever stop styling their cover girls as Edie Sedgwick or Marilyn Monroe? Probably not. Four decades after her death and Edie Sedgwick remains a style icon. With her bleached-blonde crop, signature thick eyeliner and brows, nude lips, chandelier earrings, Breton-striped shirt, and tights, Sedgwick exuded a timeless cool. She’s an actress’ dream role—at once beautiful, fabulous, troubled, and tragic. A factory favorite, it is only fitting that Edie should have her own makeup set in NARS’ Edie Gift Set. Encased in a 16mm film canister, the film Warhol used for his series of screen tests, the “Edie” set includes matte nude lipstick, a peach and peach-pink blush duo, and a cream eyeshadow with a little bit of sparkle, perfect for layering under the set’s eyeliner stylo. Forget Halloween, we want to look like Edie all year round.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress