Perhaps money cannot buy happiness or inner peace, but it can buy a purple Prada fur coat, which may very well cause contentment. You need look no further than Ben Kingsley in the Prada short film above, which debuted last night at Cannes. Directed and co-written by Roman Polanski, “A Therapy” stars Helena Bonham Carter as a lonely wealthy woman, looking fierce in a red Prada pencil skirt and lilac blouse, and Sir Ben Kingsley as her mustached psychoanalyst. As Helena begins to open up about her dream—”What does it all mean?”—Kingsley becomes distracted by a Helena’s luxurious fur, draped on the coat stand. Mesmerized, Kinglsey moves towards it, a moth to a flame, and tries it on.
A closing phrase, “Prada suits everyone” seems to reflect Polanski’s experience working with Prada. “When I was asked to shoot a short movie for Prada, I did not think that I could really be myself, but the reality is that in the total freedom I was given, I had the opportunity to reunite my favorite group of people on set and just have fun,” Polanski reflected.
YOU CAN WATCH THE ENTIRE FILM HERE, ON PRADA’S WEBSITE.
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet