Weekend News Roundup! Seal and Heidi No More
SEAL AND HEIDI COULDN’T MAKE IT WORK.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• One of the very, very few celebrity couples who seemed happy, normal, and sane, Heidi Klum and Seal, have split up. We can only say: noooooooooooo! [P6]
• The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 has now grossed more than $700 million worldwide, and it hasn’t even opened in Japan or China yet. By comparison, The Hurt Locker made about $13 million, ever. Just saying. [Deadline]
• Steven Tyler sang the national anthem at the Patriots vs. Ravens game on Sunday (where we’re told the Patriots won the AFC Championship, whatever on earth that means), and he messed it up. We know you’re wondering, so: yes, there’s video. [THR]
• Underworld Awakening opened at the top of the weekend box office with $25.4M, followed by Red Tails with $19.1M. Contraband dropped a spot to number three with $12.2M, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, added to more than 2,000 theaters, jumped 32 spots to number four with $10.5M. Haywire closed out the top five with $9M. [BOM]
• How excited are you guys about Jason Wu for Target? A billboard has gone up in Tribeca—it’s really happening! [Fashionista]
• Christian Siriano is working on a bridal collection for Nordstrom. The sample image The Cut has is surprisingly restrained. [The Cut/NYM]