Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• First comes a baby named “North,” then comes marriage in Paris (we’re not sure where love fits in): Kim and Kanye’s newborn has inspired the rapper to finally pop the question. Don’t worry, it seems the wedding photos have already been sold. [Huffington Post]
• Speaking of weddings, George Lucas got married. (At his Skywalker Ranch, of course.) [People]
• And speaking of our favorite sexagenarians, Saturday was Meryl Streep’s 64th birthday. [IMDb]
• Monsters and superheroes dominated the weekend box office, with Monsters University earning the top spot with $82 million, followed by World War Z with $66 million and Man of Steel with $41 million. [BOM]
• Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi was sentenced to seven years in prison for having (paid) sex with a minor and attempting to cover it up. [Variety]
• Good news: racism will still get you fired. Bad news: people are still racist. [NY Daily News]