Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the holiday weekend.
• The Winklevii discussed paying models using Bitcoin at a party with Scott Lipps. No word on what they’d be paying the models for. [P6]
• Poor Liam Hemsworth, it seems that Page Six’s eavesdropping skills extend far past New York to Portofino, Italy, where the youngest Hemsworth was discussing Miley Cyrus over dinner with some friends. [P6]
• Kanye West headlined the Wireless Festival in London in the place of a sick Drake. ‘Ye was heckled both nights for going off on tangential tirades, though Friday’s tirade was way better and longer than Saturday’s tirade. [The Mirror]
• Transformers won the box office with $36.4 million, a rather paltry sum for a holiday weekend. [BOM]
• Amazon Instant has picked up a new comedy pilot produced by Steven Soderbergh and David Gordon Green. It’s titled Red Oaks, stars Welsh actor Craig Roberts, and will debut later this year. Color us excited. [THR]
• The cast of Star Wars: Episode VII continues to grow. [EW]
• Taylor Swift spent her Fourth of July with some other famous ladies. Look at all the fun they are having squished on a sofa together! [Instagram]