Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The Republican National Hungry for Power Convention begins today in Cleveland, Ohio. [Time]
• Kim Kardashian leaked part of Kanye’s phone call with Taylor Swift re: Kayne’s song “Famous.” Taylor responded. Other celebrities (and other humans around the world) voiced their frustrations that such things are dominating our news cycle when the world is going to hell. [Pitchfork, The Cut]
• Danny Brown announced the title of his forthcoming album. It is called Atrocity Exhibition, after a Joy Division song/J.G. Ballard novel. [Complex]
• Ghostbusters did not win the box office. [BOM]
• Irina and Viktor Yelchin, the parents of the late actor Anton Yelchin, took out a moving ad in The Hollywood Reporter thanking people for the kind messages they have received following their son’s tragic death. [Vulture]
• The newly-reunited Guns ‘N Roses were detained, but not arrested, at the Candadian border for possessing a firearm. As Axl Rose succinctly explained: “You can forget you have a fucking gun. Wasn’t my gun.” [The Guardian]
• And finally, we leave you with this vine of Donald Trump. Bing bing bong bong.