Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Netflix has decided to cancel its poorly reviewed comedy series Girlboss after its first 13-episode season. [Deadline]
• Early Monday morning the U.S. Supreme Court weighed in on Trump Administration’s travel ban for the first time. The high court decided to allow parts of the travel ban to go into effect and will hear oral arguments on the case this October. The order seeks to place a 90-day ban on people from six mainly Muslim nations and a 120-day ban on all refugees. [CNN]
• Michelle Obama gave a surprise shout out to fellow human rights advocate and dear friend Chance the Rapper in a taped video message before his acceptance of the BET Humanitarian Award.[Pitchfork]
• Transformers: The Last Knight won the box office. Sigh. [BOM]
• Rihanna and designer Manolo Blahnik announced their third and final collaboration together called “So Stoned.” [Racked]
• Kelly Osbourne blamed a Starbucks in Chelsea via Twitter for making her “piss in her shoe” during the New York City Pride Parade because they wouldn’t let her use their bathroom. [P6]
• 31-year-old Olympic runner Alysia Montaño from Queens, New York ran the 800-meter event at the USA Track and Field Championships (June 23-25) in Sacramento. While five months pregnant. In 110-degree weather. Woah. [HuffPo]