Weekend News Roundup! Nicki is a Twitter Quitter; Cunningham Chapeaux
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Nicki Minaj is a Twitter quitter (for now, at least)! A fan website leaked some of her music, some unpleasant exchanges ensued, and then she tweeted the portentous “Like seriously, its but so much a person can take. Good f***ing bye.” [Idolator]
• This item about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton drinking beer (“from a bottle”) and “smiling as she danced the rumba” in Colombia may be the feel-good story of the year. Hillz! [People]
• Hey, baby, I hear the blues a-callin’, because I can never unsee this photo of Kelsey Grammer getting a tattoo of his wife Kayte Walsh’s name on his hairy 57-year-old hip. Click at your own risk. [P6]
• The Hunger Games held on to fight another week with $21.5M at the box office this weekend, followed by The Three Stooges and The Cabin in the Woods, which opened with $17.1M and $14.9M, respectively. Titanic 3D and American Reunion closed out the top 5 with $11.6M and $10.7M. [BOM]
• Those who saw the excellent documentary Bill Cunningham New York already know that the Times shutterbug started out as a milliner—and, like us, have been wondering ever since where his designs have gone. On Wednesday, 1stdibs.com will host a sale of 23 of his creations. Just in time for the Derby! [WWD]
• Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis are reportedly dating, and “have even spent the night at each other’s houses!” You can think of your own That ’70s Show related joke and insert it here, if you wish. [X17]