“You have to have this inner confidence to keep going. You have to be your biggest fan. You have to surround yourself with people who are going to be that for you when you have doubts and you have fears.”—Misty Copeland
This fall, Interview invited five of its most inspirational female trailblazers to partner in conversation with likeminded young women, aspiring to make their own statements. As catalysts in the worlds of cuisine, dance, film and fashion, these leading women shared keys to success with their mentees over a glass of La Crema, candidly captured in a video series by Emmy Award winning director Kimberlee Acquaro.
America Ballet Theater soloist Misty Copeland talked self-assurance and the importance of community while on set at her “I Will What I Want” Under Armour shoot with mentee Alison Stroming, a dancer for the Dance Theater of Harlem.
- “Everyone Is in for a Mind-Blowing Time”: A Not-So-Serious Guide to Surviving Mercury in Retrograde
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Glam is the Chinese restaurant rager where Timothée Chalamet and Cardi B hang out
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ric Wilson Is Listening to Stevie Wonder, Big Freedia, and Everything “Very, Very Black”