“You have to have this inner confidence to keep going. You have to be your biggest fan. You have to surround yourself with people who are going to be that for you when you have doubts and you have fears.”—Misty Copeland
This fall, Interview invited five of its most inspirational female trailblazers to partner in conversation with likeminded young women, aspiring to make their own statements. As catalysts in the worlds of cuisine, dance, film and fashion, these leading women shared keys to success with their mentees over a glass of La Crema, candidly captured in a video series by Emmy Award winning director Kimberlee Acquaro.
America Ballet Theater soloist Misty Copeland talked self-assurance and the importance of community while on set at her “I Will What I Want” Under Armour shoot with mentee Alison Stroming, a dancer for the Dance Theater of Harlem.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season