Lipps Service: Marching Fourth
Published July 8, 2011
In our Friday feature, Lipps Service, One Model Management owner Scott Lipps shares photos from his fabulous life with us once a week, right here. This week, Scott’s journey began with a music-world power dinner with his good buddy Todd Moscowitz (CEO of Warner Bros. Records) and pop icon Josh Groban. For the Fourth of July, it was off to Montauk. The first stop was Surf Lodge, where hot new band Cults performed their ’60s-inspired pop-rock set (perfect for America’s birthday); then Scott was off to one of the biggest parties of the year, Ben Watts’ annual Shark Attack Sounds. (The Times was there, too.) Then it was back to the city to catch another fireworks show—this time atop The Standard, where Scott ran into many a beautiful face, including Victoria’s Secret supermodel Charlbi Dean. The start of the work week brought meetings and hangouts with skateboard legend Steve Olson, designers and visual artists like Yigal Azrouël and Rad Hourani, and male supermodel Douglas Pickett.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True