Lipps Service: Music and McQueen
Published August 11, 2011
In our Friday feature, Lipps Service, One Model Management owner ScottLipps shares photos from his fabulous life with us once a week, righthere. Scott’s week began with the prospect of an epic three-hour wait for a last look at the Met’s epic McQueen exhibition, “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty.” Lucky for him, he and his pals got to cut the line after an hour. Despite the Met’s “no photos allowed” policy, he did manage to snap a few shots under the radar.
Scott then flew to Chicago—the ride was shorter than the wait at the museum—for the one and only Lollapalooza. He, master of ceremonies Perry Farrell, and Farrell’s crew saw up-and-comers Foster the People, White Lies, and Muse. They also spent lots of time with good friends, like newlywed Jamie Hince and Allison Mosshart of The Kills. Chicago’s a food town, so another highlight of the trip was a meal at Sean Parker’s VIP villa by chef Graham Elliot. The week ended back in New York with a belated birthday present from Mick Rock and two more shows, Diego Garcia at City Winery and ’80s band Cinderella at Irving Plaza. Rock on!
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun