24 Hours in Venice with David Alexander Flinn and Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello
What do you get when you mix tan lines, edibles, and fashion? David Alexander Flinn in Venice for Saint Laurent’s Spring/Summer ’22 menswear collection debut. The new collection, featuring dramatic, slim silhouettes and a bright color palette, resides inside a vegetation-filled enclosure called Green Lens by artist Doug Aitken. To capture the moment, the New York-based multidisciplinary artist and model—who has also appeared in the glossy pages of Interview in the past—took his many talents to the City of Bridges to support his friend Anthony Vaccarello, the Creative Director for Saint Laurent. As he indulged in Italian appetizers and Parisian clothes, Flinn took us behind the scenes to give us an intimate look at Vaccarello’s new men’s collection. Below, he breaks down the entire experience.
1. First things first. Wake up and smell the roses.
2. My long grooming process involves a cold shower and clean teeth. Ready to go!
3. Then, we FIT.
4. Next up, some pics with Juergen and Dovile.
5. Time for a quick aperitivo in Piazza San Marco.
6. Matteo, my driver and brother from another mother, showed me all of Venice’s secrets.
7. I call this one “Untitled still life #1880390.”
8. And I call this one “The aliens have landed.”
9. One more. This one’s titled “Floater.”
10 At this point, though I don’t remember taking an edible…it’s kicking in.
11. ….And dinner is SERVED.
12. Next up, dance until 3 AM. If you’re like me, you’ll be too busy dancing to take any photos. So, here I am the morning after:
13. Yum, and ciaoooooooooo!