Justin Bieber Breaks Twitter
Published September 1, 2010
The servers that control Twitter went down temporarily last night, and anyone familiar with the work of Justin Bieber understood why. The teenage superstar surprised his Madison Square Garden audience with a duet of “Overboard” with Miley Cyrus, and millions of tweens took to the internet to discuss that intrigue. After introducing Cyrus with his single “Never Say Never,” a crew of additional surprise guests paraded across the stage, including Sean Kingston, Usher (who left the stage after giving Bieber a big hug), and Ludacris, who closed the show. Like the ghost of boy bands past, Boyz II Men were on hand for “U Smile,” and a Mrs. Bieber-dedicated “On Bended Knee.” The live footage was filmed for Bieber’s upcoming 3D biopic, a film chronicling his (short) life story, to be directed by Jon Chu and set for release on February 11, 2011.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress