BACK TO SAMCRO.
Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the long weekend.
• Charlie Hunnam dropped out of 50 Shades of Grey and rose 10 points in our esteem. According to rumors, actors in the running to take Hunnam’s place include Jamie Dornan, Alexander Skarsgård, and Christian Cooke. [THR]
• Rihanna continues to shut down morally suspect Thai tourist attractions via indiscreet tweeting. Two weeks ago, it was the two men who gave her an endangered slow loris to hold. This weekend, it was a bar hosting a “sex show. ” [USA Today]
• Gravity won the box office with a hearty $43 million, followed by Captain Phillips, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, and Machete Kills. Romeo and Juliet, which also opened this weekend, took in a fairly miserable $520,116. [BOM]
• Spike Lee has completed his Kickstarter-funded film, Da Blood of Jesus. [Indiewire]
• Continuing with the sports news: tennis player Caroline Wozniacki broke up with her boyfriend, golfer Rory McIlroy, via Twitter, which everyone knows is not a nice thing to do. [NY Post]