Gucci Gets on Board with Riva
Published September 8, 2010
The Riva—the Italian speedboat synonymous with Brigitte Bardot surfing the Riviera and all things sun-drenched luxury—is seeing a serious resurgence. Marc Newson brought it back in a collaboration with the brand, on view beginning September 14 at Gagosian. And now Gucci has joined forces with Riva and design company Officina Italiana Design to create “Aquariva by Gucci,” in celebration of the Italian brand’s 90th anniversary in 2011. Set against Riva’s signature mahogany, Gucci’s green-red-green web detailing, customized glossy white paint, and legendary “Guccissima” print seat covers shine. Add to the mix two 380-horsepower Yanmar engines, and we’re guessing it’d beat out the 1842 model. Here’s something you can ride into the future.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress