24 Hour Classy People
Published January 14, 2011
Last year, our resident “Fast+Louche” expert Derek Blasberg released his first book, a collection of humorous essays on etiquette and social behavior entitled Classy: Exceptional Advice for the Extremely Modern Lady (Razorbill). After it launched in April, Blasberg took his promotional tour coast to coast, with a few stops in the middle (including a now-infamous trip to his hometown St. Louis, MO, with editor at large Christopher Bollen and Chloë Sevigny), for cocktail parties and book signings. He wasn’t alone on these journeys: friends like Kate Bosworth, Nicole Richie, Lauren Santo Domingo and Dasha Zhukova pitched in on the festivities, all of which were recorded on a FlipCam. So how did it feel for the reporter and part-time photographer feel about being on the other side of the microphone and camera? “It’s sort of surreal to see all that played back, it was such a whirlwind,” he says. “But it sure was fun.” This new video allows you, loyal readers, to look classy in real time.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse