Coffee Table Curator is a feature highlighting the month’s best photography books; your remote control and coasters will look chic by association.
Despite August being a notoriously slow month in the publishing world, this month’s coffee table books say au contraire. Give your Netflix queue a rest and cure the impending end-of-summer blues with one of our recommended picks. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, perhaps even bring it to the park or beach for some quality en plein air alone time.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation