This Friday, Oct. 14, marks the grand opening of Uniqlo’s largest flagship store on Fifth Avenue and 53rd Street. And MoMA, never missing an event, has teamed up with Uniqlo up for MoMA X UT, “Message Art Now!”, a limited edition series of T-shirts just in time for the big to-do. Artwork for the tees was supplied by 12 emerging New York artists, including Matthew Brannon (pictured above), DETEXT, Franklin Evans, Liz Mogel, and Emily Roysdon, all selected for the project by Klaus Biesenbach, Director of MoMA PS1 and Chief Curator at Large at MoMA. At $19.90 a pop, they might just be enough to keep you from despairing over the end of the J+ collaboration and looking forward to warmer MoMA times far ahead.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True