This Friday, Oct. 14, marks the grand opening of Uniqlo’s largest flagship store on Fifth Avenue and 53rd Street. And MoMA, never missing an event, has teamed up with Uniqlo up for MoMA X UT, “Message Art Now!”, a limited edition series of T-shirts just in time for the big to-do. Artwork for the tees was supplied by 12 emerging New York artists, including Matthew Brannon (pictured above), DETEXT, Franklin Evans, Liz Mogel, and Emily Roysdon, all selected for the project by Klaus Biesenbach, Director of MoMA PS1 and Chief Curator at Large at MoMA. At $19.90 a pop, they might just be enough to keep you from despairing over the end of the J+ collaboration and looking forward to warmer MoMA times far ahead.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward