ABOVE: DR. FREDRIC BRANDT WITH YAYOI KUSAMA’S INFINITY-NETS, TO LEFT.
It will hardly come as a surprise that Dr. Fredric Brandt, one of the world’s top dermatologists and an erstwhile Interview subject, has a discerning aesthetic eye. This past weekend at Dr. Brandt’s home in Coconut Grove, Florida, a number of lucky patrons of the Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami, got to experience it firsthand. Dr. Brandt is one of 10 hosts participating in this year’s Enchanted Evenings series, a fundraiser for the museum dreamed up as an alternative to the traditional (and predictable) black-tie galas during which prominent collectors open their homes to friends of the museum to show off their own museum-quality collections over a series of weekends from February through May of each year. At Dr. Brandt’s home on Saturday, visitors got up close and personal with works by Richard Prince, Damien Hirst, Marilyn Minter, Yayoi Kusama, Thomas Demand, Keith Haring, and many others.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON MOCA NORTH MIAMI’S ENCHANTED EVENINGS SERIES, CLICK HERE.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again