Writer-artist David Colman and Visionaire co-founder Cecilia Dean chose Move! as the title of the roving arts-meets-fashion installation they co-curate to emphasize a sense of action. “We don’t want anything static,” says Colman. “It’s not about seeing clothes on mannequins or art on walls,” adds Dean. “It’s interactive, participatory.” First staged at MoMA PS1 in 2010 and in São Paulo in 2013, the third iteration of Move! will take place at Battery Park City’s Brookfield Place this month. Among the seven activities, expect a virtual runway and also a station where photo shoots are turned into fabric patterns, devised by Osklen’s Oskar Metsavaht, artist Ryan McNamara, and fashion icon Diane von Furstenberg. Naturally, visitor participation is required, or Move! won’t be able to.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun