In addition to the numerous private sales that will occur at booths from more than 90 galleries this weekend during the Dallas Art Fair, the Fair and the Dallas Museum of Art also announced the inaugural Dallas Art Fair Foundation Acquisition Program. Five donors presented the DMA with $50,000, which was used to purchase nine works by four artists. Selected by Gavin Delahunty, the Hoffman Family Senior Curator of Contemporary Art at the DMA, the pieces chosen include an impressive bronze sculpture by Michelle Grabner as well as multiple collagraphs by Lina Puerta. Here, we’ve selected our own favorites from the 2016 Dallas Art Fair.
THE DALLAS ART FAIR IS OPEN TODAY, APRIL 15, THROUGH SUNDAY, APRIL 17.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Chelsea Handler and Martha Stewart on the Hilarious Journey of Becoming a Better Person