Located on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, the art fair hosted by the nonprofit New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) is a requisite stop during Frieze Week. Unlike the blue chip names and internationally renowned artists at Frieze, however, the majority of exhibitors at NADA 2015 are younger galleries whose booths showcase emerging contemporary artists, known and loved in their respective locales. This year’s edition boasts over 100 exhibitors, about a quarter of which are project space booths, from 16 different countries. Other booths feature publishing and education partners, including journalist Johnny Misheff’s newspaper For the Record, Kaleidoscope Magazine, BHQFU, and Phaidon. The fair is on view at Pier 36 (Basketball City) through this Sunday, May 17. For our 10 picks of things to see, click through the slideshow above.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road