Weekly Playlist: iTouch
Published October 22, 2009
Now that technology seems to be all about developing new sell-able gadgets geared toward keeping us in touch, it’s nice to find that, over the last 10 years, a team of Italian and Swedish bioengineers has been working on a 5-digit prosthetic hand, dubbed the “smart hand.” Triggered by the brain via forty sensors, it actually has a sense of touch, which one-ups your iPhone screen by a notch or two.
Of course, such an impressive accessory needs a spokesmodel: The recipient of this innovative PDA is a nice looking, 22-year-old Swedish dude. (Doctors amputated his right hand years ago on account of a cancerous tumor. He previously used a prosthetic “hook.”) I’m not eager to lose my right hand, but he makes the robo-version seem like so much fun! Nice to see such a benevolent development, not to mention a positive twist on the Terminator 2 look.
Can You Feel It Mr. Fingers
Almost Human Kiss
Feeling Afflicted Man
Can I Touch You My Bloody Valentine
Battery Humans Amebix
The Robots Senor Coconut
Hold Me Right E.S.G.
Touch A Certain Ratio
Hold Me Section 25
Heart of Plastic Rocko Schamoni
Feelings Morris Albert
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Boulet Brothers Spill Their Guts on Everything Scary, from Fake Blood to Jeffrey Toobin
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Jumaane Williams Tells La La Anthony Why He’s “Not Okay”