Love Is All Come Out of Their Cave
Published May 11, 2009
Did Homeland Security come calling? Last time we heard Love Is All’s bouncy single “Last Choice,” the Swedes were decked out in Halloween costumes with lead singer Josephine Olausson disguised as Osama Bin Laden pounding away on a casio sampler. The one-take, grainy black and white video had everything but a distribution deal with Al Jazeera. Now, the Swedes have upgraded, channeling the peppy single through a Michel Gondry-inspired video that matches the song’s ecstatic Scandinavian energy. The vid recalls the precious majesty of old Gumby cartoons, Matt and Kim’s papier maché video for “Yea Yeah” and pays homage to Harpo Marx’s classic pea-eating routine. Out with the old, in with the new.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun