Kanye West has sparked controversy recently with tweets that mentioned controversial right wing media figures like anti-Black Lives Matter pundit Candace Owens and, uh, Dilbert creator Scott Adams. Then, Hot 97’s Ebro Darden further stirred the pot when he claimed that West had called him and said “I love Donald Trump.” After a clip of Darden discussing the call made the news, West decided to make a surprise call into Hot 97 this morning (April 24th) with a simple message for the radio host: “I love you.”
He repeated himself a few times, leaving Darden and rest of the hosts amused as they tried to discern what West was up to. “You want me to put you on hold? Talk to you privately?” asked Darden. “Nah man, I just wanted to say I love you,” replied West, before breaking into a cute sing-song voice: “I just called … to say … I love you,” he crooned, as the hosts cracked up.
After a few more fruitless attempts on Darden’s part to get more substantial words from the rapper, West ended the interview, saying, “We should meet up in person and then we can talk on the radio afterwards, but I just wanted to call and say I love you.”
West’s next album, which does not yet have a title, is due out on June 1, 2018. You can listen to the interview below, starting at 1:21:50.
KANYE WEST’S NEXT ALBUM IS DUE OUT ON JUNE 1, 2018.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again