Summer 2k19, and Pride, officially kicked off this past weekend with this year’s Governors Ball music festival, held on New York City’s Randall’s Island. Despite an unexpectedly not-so-happy (and wet) ending, the festival was rife with talent from Blood Orange to Brockhampton, as well as a rollicking set from yee-haw queen Kacey Musgraves. Behind the scenes to capture the highs, lows, and very highs of the weekend for Interview was queer wunderkind and NYC cool kid King Princess, who performed her electro-pop anthems on Saturday. Mr. Queen, our one-time festival correspondent—and our favorite “Cheap Queen”—delights us with some images, and real moods, that capture the unique experience that is a 2019 music festival. From the sad sandwiches to the horny stage couches, behold, the King Princess Gov Ball Diary. — MARK BURGER
2. I got very drunk.
3. This thotty league of their own, designed by Savannah Davis.
4. The couch was so horny.
5. The band.
6. Rachel beat the fuck out of my face.
7. I love you NYC!
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Glam is the Chinese restaurant rager where Timothée Chalamet and Cardi B hang out
- Thirstory: Diana Ross Is the Boss