Playlist: Look Natural
Published April 15, 2010
Last night, Cassie Coane (left) and Harley Viera-Newton (right) DJed the American Museum of Natural History annual gala, this year themed “Spring Safari” and sponsored by Lilly Pulitzer. It’s an event long awaited each spring because attendees get to eat meat entrees under gigantic preserved elephants.
What does a young pair of DJs do to live up to a spectacle like that (in a huge marble hall, no less)? Viera-Newton shares her playlist for the night. Dressed in Burberry, the playlist has a distincly British slant, like some colonial stranded in an Uptown jungle.
Hot Chip—One Life Stand
The Clash—Magnificent Seven
New Order—Bizarre Love Triangle
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros—Home
Nu Shooz—I Can’t Wait
Diana Ross and the Supremes—Come See About Me
LEFT: PHOTO COURTESY ©AMNH/D. FINNIN. VIERA-NEWTON WEARS BURBERRY
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress