ABOVE: BLONDFIRE. PHOTO COURTESY OF ELIOT LEE HAZEL
It’s finally starting to get warmer, and with rising temperatures comes great anticipation—namely for the summer pop hit, the one that will saturate our sunburned selves through fall as a wistful token of the warmer months. While it’s too soon to pick a winner, Michigan-raised, Los Angeles-based brother-sister duo Blondfire have penned an early contender. “Waves” is effortless and poppy, a conjunction of the group’s indie rock beginnings and electro-pop sensibilities. Following the group’s first single “Where the Kids Are,” which gained major acclaim, “Waves” is sexier and more subdued, but equally intoxicating.
The video features Blondfire frontwoman, guitarist, and keyboardist Erica Driscoll, outfitted in a very Coachella-appropriate getup, wandering through a desert landscape. As the sun scorches the sand and creates atmospheric shadows, Driscoll stumbles upon nautical items, suggesting her search for the ocean, which appears at the end, perhaps as a mirage. Throughout the video, Driscoll is doubled or mirrored, on par with the pulsing beats overlaid with a sultry acoustic riff. We are excited to premiere the video here—get out the shorts and swimsuits!
BLONDFIRE’S WHERE THE KIDS ARE EP IS OUT NOW. FOR MORE ON THE BAND, PLEASE VISIT ITS FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Larry Kramer Is Still the Angriest Gay Man in the World
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy