ABOVE: DAI BURGER. PHOTO COURTESY OF BONNIE NICHOALDS
Dai (pronounced “day”) Burger is far more than a rapid-fire rapper whose flow vacillates from sexy to sassy to just plain impressive. The Queens native is an entertainer in every sense, and if you’ve seen her perform at Patricia Field’s Fashion Week parties (flamboyant high-fashion outfits and choreography included) or any number of her gigs in the New York area, you’re already more than aware of Ms. Burger’s rare energy.
For those who aren’t familiar, Dai’s new video for the bubble-pop banger “Soufflé,” which we’re pleased to premiere above, will serve as a great introduction. “I love treats, fairy worlds, and fantasy fun with my fabulously fly friends, so with the help of [directors] Suspects NYC we were able to capture and bring all this to life!” Burger says of the clip, which features the eccentric artist swerving through the streets on a mint-green scooter, spitting alongside stuffed animals in her real-life bedroom, and enjoying an Alice In Wonderland-inspired tea party with partner in crime Junglepussy.
The track, produced by Shane Augustus, is the first of many from Burger’s mixtape IN YO MOUF, which is slated for a December release and features additional production from Augustus and Baltimore club beatmaker Mighty Mark. Burger’s got big (if cryptic) plans for it: “The overall blend of NYC Y2K realness is going to be insane!,” she promises.
FOR MORE ON DAI BURGER, VISIT HER WEBSITE.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- That Time Brad Pitt Was Banned from China
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit