ABOVE: THE VACANT LOTS
There’s nothing high-concept about Vermont-based duo The Vacant Lots’ new video for “Before the Evening’s Thru,” which we’re pleased to premiere here: just a trippy, kaleidoscopic vision of dancers in heat-mapped silhouette, single, in pairs, in groups, against a galactic animated background. Its hypnotic quality is a fitting match for the song, the second release from the band’s long-awaited debut album Departure, which combines psychedelic and punk elements to an effect that recalls the good old days of Wire, Gun Club, and Television. It comes as little surprise, then, that The Vacant Lots’ Jared Artaud and Brian MacFadyen have collaborated with Suicide’s Alan Vega, on a split 10-inch out this week. It’s enough to tide us over until Departure‘s release in July, both digitally and on snazzy half-black, half-white vinyl.
THE VACANT LOTS’ DEPARTURE WILL BE RELEASED JULY 1. FOR MORE ON THE BAND, PLEASE VISIT ITS WEBSITE.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Shayne Oliver Tells Kanye West that He Won’t Be Rushed into Creating the Future of Streetwear
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn