ABOVE: THE VACANT LOTS
There’s nothing high-concept about Vermont-based duo The Vacant Lots’ new video for “Before the Evening’s Thru,” which we’re pleased to premiere here: just a trippy, kaleidoscopic vision of dancers in heat-mapped silhouette, single, in pairs, in groups, against a galactic animated background. Its hypnotic quality is a fitting match for the song, the second release from the band’s long-awaited debut album Departure, which combines psychedelic and punk elements to an effect that recalls the good old days of Wire, Gun Club, and Television. It comes as little surprise, then, that The Vacant Lots’ Jared Artaud and Brian MacFadyen have collaborated with Suicide’s Alan Vega, on a split 10-inch out this week. It’s enough to tide us over until Departure‘s release in July, both digitally and on snazzy half-black, half-white vinyl.
THE VACANT LOTS’ DEPARTURE WILL BE RELEASED JULY 1. FOR MORE ON THE BAND, PLEASE VISIT ITS WEBSITE.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris