Take a rolling, ‘80s-style drum line, Patti Smith’s preamble to her cover of “Hey Joe,” Twin Peaks’ swooning guitar, and overlay it all with soaring female vocals—and you’ve got a rough sketch of “Time Bomb,” the latest single from Brooklyn-based duo Shy Hunters, which we’re pleased to debut here.
With such diverse echoes as Smith and Lynch, it comes as no surprise that the song’s structure takes an equally creative approach, bounding between ethereal and intense. Guitars and varied rhythms create a patchwork feel and build a restless energy; “Time Bomb” is at once organic and disjointed. But singer Indigo Street’s voice carries—even as collapse seems imminent and the balance fragile, her vocals hold the track together… barely. The song itself is a time bomb.
Just as fine brews must be enjoyed in their particular glasses, we believe that songs must be heard under certain conditions. “Time Bomb” is best listened to when you’re running or driving—the better to capture its intense kineticism.
FOR MORE ON SHY HUNTERS, VISIT THEIR BANDCAMP.
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy