ABOVE: CLINTON SANDIFER, AKA SHOWYOUSUCK, AKA YOUR FUTURE HUSBAND.
We already kind of had a thing for Chicago-based rapper Clinton Sandifer, who records as ShowYouSuck. His single “Big Gulp,” a paean to bad broads (“and by ‘bad broad,’ I mean a smart girl”) has been on heavy rotation at Interview HQ for ages; and we’re generally on board with his alt-rap M.O., which dispenses with diss tracks and luxury name-dropping in favor of talking about snacks, Netflix, and liking other people. So when his laid-back new jam “The Ring,” a Beyoncé-alluding celebration of—wait for it—monogamy, produced by Professor Fox and featuring an angelic bridge by KSRA, crossed our inboxes, our crush only intensified.
“I recently took a look at the current climate of rap songs and noticed there was a lack of love being focused on,” Sandifer explains. “I wanted to make something that focused on that while at the same time not sounding corny.” We intend to feature it most heavily in our repertoire as a post-Rick Ross palate-cleanser.
SHOWYOUSUCK’S DUDE BRO EP IS OUT NOW; HIS NEXT EP, BUMMER, IS DUE THIS SUMMER AND WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A FULL-LENGTH ALBUM, RAD. FOR MORE ON THE ARTIST, PLEASE VISIT HIS WEBSITE.
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward