ABOVE: ISADORA. IMAGE COURTESY OF MIRIAM FANGER
Isadora’s debut single, “On The Rights,” begins almost as a familiar lullaby—but as the pounding drum and exhilarating guitar riff picks up by the first verse, it’s clear these indie rockers have a different intention entirely. We fell for Isadora when they were known as The Yes Way—these days, they’re still very much a Brooklyn-based quintet with a roster that includes Aaron Mendelsohn (vocals, guitar), Ian Mellencamp (bass, vocals), Jesse Bilotta (drums, vocals), Nick Burleigh (guitar, violin), and Josh Rouah (keyboard, guitar, vocals). Don’t let the presence of a classically trained violinist confuse you; Isadora’s melodies have a distinct ’90s alt-rock influence and even a touch of punk.
ISADORA’S DEBUT EP WILL DROP EARLY NEXT YEAR. THE BAND WILL PLAY ITS DEBUT SHOW UNDER THE NEW NAME TONIGHT AT BROOKLYN’S CAMEO GALLERY AND A HOLIDAY CELEBRATION AT UNION POOL IN BROOKLYN ON DECEMBER 6.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories