Lovelife’s Lee Newell, Sam Jackson, Frank Colucci, and Ally Young are on a roll. The London-bred, Brooklyn-based synth-pop quartet is still under the radar Stateside, but they’re on the rise and staying busy. This fall, they’ll offer tour support to The Neighbourhood; and, more recently, they were tapped to create an official remix of Ellie Goulding‘s infectious summer single, “Burn,” which we are pleased to debut below.
“We’re fans of Ellie’s music, and ‘Burn’ is a really strong song to begin with, so it made the process pretty easy. The original is quite euphoric, and we wanted to twist that a little and make it darker,” the band explains of its driving, astral reinterpretation. “Whenever we do a remix, we usually start with just the vocals. We like to essentially rewrite the song and apply the Lovelife aesthetic to it to create something new.”
LOVELIFE’S DEBUT EP, STATELESS, IS SET FOR RELEASE LATER THIS SUMMER; THE BAND WILL PERFORM WITH THE NEIGHBOURHOOD AT TERMINAL 5 ON OCTOBER 17. FOR MORE ON LOVELIFE, PLEASE VISIT THE BAND’S WEBSITE.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again