OH, DRAKE. WE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!
Drake has revealed the cover for his second album, Take Care, at his website (and we’ve posted it above). The cover, which features Drake looking morosely into a golden chalice, surrounded by fine art and a fancy candlestick, suggests the album might offer yet another take on hip-hop’s favorite theme of late: how weird it is to have a bunch of money and yet still feel sad and alone. (Cf.: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, all previous Drake material, much of Odd Future’s output.) Drizzy also posted a note:
Feels like it’s been so long. Is life moving so fast in this generation that when we desire something it begins to move in slow motion? Are we just used to getting what we want right away? Or do we require one another to feel right about all that is going on around us? Maybe our anticipation is justified by the fact that we genuinely cannot wait to share a moment again? Either way, your life and mine are scheduled to meet on October 24… I wouldn’t miss it for the world.
See you soon.
Obviously, we can’t wait to hear this album. For now, we’ll have to make do with overloading on its first single, “Headlines,” released over the summer; if you’d like to listen to that again, it’s below.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock