The Three Laws of Coachella
Published April 21, 2009
Welcome to Coachella, the three-day music festival that’s Disney World for music-loving, celebrity-spotting adults. My team and I headed to Palm Springs Coachella virgins; we returned something else. Here are our three life lessons:
1. Arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday: Leave yourself the day to people watch and the night to party.
2.Â Traffic. Add two hoursÂ to your set times and leave before 11 PM. You can hear the encore in the parking lots.
3.Â There are 10 zillion different wrist bands for VIP and backstage access. There will always be a more exclusive wrist band.
Douglas Perrett is the casting agent behind COACD (Confessions of a Casting Director). He and his team casts their weekend in Coachella in a more fashionable light, with cameos by Allison Mosshart, Jeremy Scott and Alexander Wang. See above.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show