Andrew Garfield is back in his plummest type of plum role—cutely awkward, on a heroic quest—in the forthcoming film Under the Silver Lake.
From It Follows  director David Robert Mitchell, the psychedelic thriller feels like Pineapple Express  meets Paper Towns  meets Stanley Kubrick’s cinematic style packaged in a modern-day film noir. Sam (Garfield) falls for mysterious pixie dream girl Sarah (Riley Keogh) who disappears suddenly after the pair spend a romantic night together.
Sam whizzes all over Los Angeles in search of Sarah, looking for clues in unexpected places—songs, symbols, street signs—but finds himself lost among the Dream Factory’s glitterati and diving into the depths of Silver Lake.
The film is set for release on June 22. Watch the first trailer below.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories