In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Earlier this year, Deadline reported that Al Pacino and Scarface director Brian De Palma are pairing up on a Joe Paterno biopic titled Happy Valley. It comes as no surprise that a Sandusky scandal flick would emerge in the coming year or two after his death, but fortunately Pacino and De Palma’s film promises a deeper look into the life, legacy, and burdens carried by the beloved Penn State football coach. Pacino is set to play JoePa—not a bad fit, considering Pacino’s equally serious mug, Italian ancestry, and star power. However heavy the subject matter might be, viewers can put their trust in Pacino and De Palma to bring the carefully crafted drama of Scarface and Carlito’s Way to a very different story. Important people in Paterno’s life have yet to be cast, and we have a few ideas as to who should fill in alongside Pacino.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Larry Kramer Is Still the Angriest Gay Man in the World
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones on Overnight Fame: “They Were Pointing and Laughing at Me!”