In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Last autumn, rumors of a Warner Brothers’ Moses biopic ran rampant. On Wednesday, it was announced that, not only was the film going ahead under the title Gods and Kings, but Steven Spielberg would be directing it and it would be “like a Braveheart-ish version of the Moses story.” My, oh, my . . . A Moses movie is not a particularly original idea for Spielberg—he was, after all, one-third of the driving force behind Disney’s The Prince of Egypt—but as it seems he has a different angle here, we’ll allow it. We’d like to put our foot down immediately though with regards to the casting of Moses. If you take this Braveheart theme too far, Warner Brothers, and cast Mel Gibson, we shall never, ever speak to you again.
To ensure that no such travesty occurs, we have several alternatives we’d like to suggest in our casting call slideshow . . .
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece