In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lifetime is developing a remake of the 1980 film-turned-Emmy-winning cult NBC series Fame. MGM Television and A+E Studios are set to produce the new series, with Nigel Lythgoe, Chad Gustein,Charles Segars and Josh Saffran acting as executive producers. Saffran, who is currently overseeing ABC’s Quantico, will also write the script.
The original film and subsequent show, which ran from 1982 to 1987, was set at a performing arts school in New York City based on Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. There was plenty of singing, dancing, and drama, as students and faculty at the school grappled with relationships, racism, illness, and, you guessed it, fame
Click through the slideshow above to see which actors we believe can do justice to this reboot.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old